Go to: Just Pork Recipes Home Page|
Click/Tap 'Back' to go to the recipe list you were browsing.
Chinese Pork and Peppers
12 oz Whole onion or 11 oz Chopped ready-cut onion
2 ts Canola oil
1 lg Clove garlic
8 oz Pork tenderloin
16 oz Whole red, yellow and green peppers
4 oz Whole mushrooms
1 tb Fresh or frozen ginger
1/8 ts To 1/4 ts hot-pepper flakes
3 tb Dry sherry
1 tb Reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tb Water
1 tb Cornstarch
1/2 c No-salt-added beef broth
1. Chop whole onions and saute in hot oil in a nonstick skillet.
2. Mince garlic, and add to onion.
3. Trim fat from the tenderloin, and cut the meat into 2 or 3 inch strips, 1/4 inch wide. Add to pan and cook until brown on both sides.
4. Wash, trim, seed and slice whole peppers into thin strips, about 1/4 inch wide. Add to pan, and continue cooking over medium heat.
5. Wash, trim and slice whole mushrooms, and grate ginger. Add mushrooms, ginger, hot-pepper flakes, sherry and soy sauce to pan, and cook until mushrooms begin to soften.
6. Stir one tablespoon of water into the cornstarch to make a paste; stir in remaining water, and mix with beef broth. Add to pan, and cook over low heat, stirring, until mixture thickens.
Click/Tap here for the Printer friendly version. (Just shows the recipe only)
You can Click/Tap Back to return here.